Call for Nominations – City of Safety Harbor Poet Laureate
Date(s) - 01/03/2017 - 31/03/2017
Safety Harbor Public Library
The Safety Harbor Public Library is pleased to announce a call for nominations for the City of Safety Harbor’s first poet laureate. The role of the Safety Harbor Poet Laureate is to promote poetry throughout the community and to inspire an emerging generation of literary artists. The selected candidate will be appointed as the poet laureate for a two year term by the City Commission.
- Resident of Safety Harbor, FL
- Be a poet of stature recognized in the literary, cultural, or educational communities
- Have high-quality published or documented work
- Be willing to make presentations throughout the Safety Harbor community
- Pursue projects related to poetry and literary arts
- Willing to encourage, advocate, and spread the joy of poetry in the community
Nominations Open: March 1, 2017
Deadlines for Nominations: March 31, 2017
Appointment: April 3, 2017 – City of Safety Harbor City Commission Meeting
Individuals may nominate an individual of their choice or may self-nominate. Nominations will only be accepted online through www.SafetyHarborLibrary.com. Look for the Poet Laureate rotator on the homepage for the nomination form. Nominations will be reviewed by the Safety Harbor Public Library and appointed by the City Commission during the presentation portion of the meeting on Monday, April 3 at 7:30 pm.
The Safety Harbor Public Library is located at 101 2nd Street North, Safety Harbor, FL 34695. For more information call 724-1525 x 4112 or visit www.SafetyHarborLibrary.com.