Both Safety Harbor and Dunedin use the Mayor/Commissioner form of government, while Oldsmar has an elected Mayor with a City Council. In all three communities, a City Manager is responsible for the day-to-day administration of governmental operations based on policies set by the elected officials. Both cities rely on the Pinellas County Sheriff’s department for police protection, but both have their own fire departments and are responsible for garbage collection and recycling.
Dunedin, Oldsmar and Safety Harbor take great pride in their determination to protect the environment and have maintaining “green” practices as one of the city’s primary goals. And Oldsmar and Safety Harbor have worked together and have made great strides in efforts to restore the pristine beauty of Old Tampa Bay.’
Dunedin already has in place its own reverse osmosis water system and is water independent, a goal that Oldsmar expects to reach in 2012 with construction currently underway of a reverse osmosis plant in that city. Both of these cities also have plants to treat reclaimed water for non-potable use.
Government in Dunedin
The Mayor and City Commissioners in Dunedin serve four year terms and are elected at large to numbered seats.
- Mayor: Dave Eggers
- Vice Mayor: Dave Carson
- Commissioners: Julie Scales, Julie Ward Bujalski, Ron Barnette
- City Manager: Rob DiSpirito
- City Hall: 727-298-3007
- Website: www.dunedingov.com
City of Dunedin residents enjoy a full range of services provided by the city. City Departments include Building, Community Development, City Clerk, Engineering, Finance, Fire Protection, Library, Parks & Recreation, Personnel and Public Works. Law Enforcement services are provided in cooperation with Pinellas County to utilize special expertise through the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office Community Policing Unit.
Government in Oldsmar
- Mayor: Jim Ronecker
- Commissioners: Doug Bevis (Vice Mayor), Jerald Beverland, Janice Miller, Linda Norris
- City Manager: Bruce T. Haddock
- Director of Administrative Services: Al Braithwaite
- City Clerk: Ann Stephan
- Building Code Administrator: Fred Humberstone
- Code Enforcement Office: Robert Rehmer
- Communications & Marketing Officer: Holly LiBaire
- Planning & Development Director: Marie Dauphinais
- Fire Chief: Scott McGuff
- Finance Administrator: Cindy Nenno
- Human Resources Administrator: June Donald
- Leisure Services Director: Lynn Rives
- Director of Library Services: Roberta Weber
- Director of Public Works: John Mulvihill
- Utilities Administrator: Lisa Rhea
- City Hall: 813-749-1115
- Website for additional information: myoldsmar.com
Government in Safety Harbor
The Mayor and City Commissioners in Safety Harbor serve three year terms and are elected at large to numbered seats. To provide continuity, the Mayor and one Commissioner are elected in one year, with the remaining Commissioners being elected the following year. City elections are usually held in March.
- Mayor: Andy Steingold
- Vice Mayor: Joseph Ayoub
- Commissioners: Nina Bandoni, Nancy Besore, Mary Lynda Williams
- City Manager: Matthew Spoor
- Director of Economic Development: Matt McLachlan AICP
- City Clerk: Cathy Benson
- City Hall: 727-724-1555
- Website for more information: cityofsafetyharbor.com
Safety Harbor residents enjoy a full range of services provided by the city. City Departments include Building, Community Development, City Clerk, Engineering, Finance, Fire Protection, Leisure Services, Library, Personnel and Public Works. Law Enforcement services are provided in cooperation with Pinellas County to utilize special expertise through the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office Community Policing Unit.