Area Chefs to Compete at Chowder Challenge
Renowned local chefs will vie for the most votes at the 5th Annual Chowder Challenge, Nov. 11 on St. Pete Beach. The popular event pits the best chefs in the area against each other as they compete for coveted awards.
Chowder Challenge current competitors include local chefs from Caddy’s, Chill, Donnie B’s, Gennaro’s, Nori Thai, O’Maddy’s, Portofino Italian Ristorante, Sea Hags Bar & Grill, Shells, Thai Am 2, The Island Grill & Raw Bar, and The Sea Porch at the Don Cesar. Check the website for additional restaurants.
This year’s Chowder Challenge celebrity judges include: Tyson Grant, executive chef of Parkshore Grill; Laura Reiley, Tampa Bay Times’ restaurant critic; Christian Hiller, chef of Alsace French Bistro; and foodservice culinarian Bobbie Huston. They will select the chowder that wins the prized Golden Ladle award based on taste, appearance and presentation including the décor, ambiance and chef’s professionalism. They will select Best in Show based on taste and appearance. Event attendees will taste and vote for the People’s Choice award.
Nick Setteducato, a local guitarist will sing favorites from the 60’s to today; beverages will be available for purchase, and there will be a silent auction and raffles. Proceeds benefit the club and its chosen charities.
Tickets are $15 in advance for adults and kids 12 years and up; they are $20 day of. Children under 12 are free with the purchase of one adult ticket. Tickets are available via www.chowderchallengepag.com and at the following locations:
– Simply Perfect – 326 Corey Ave., St. Pete Beach – 727-360-4141
– Paradise Gifts – 371 Corey Ave., St Pete Beach – 727.363.8501
– Suntan Art Center – 3300 Gulf Blvd., St. Pete Beach – 727-367-3818
– Paradiso – 104 Eighth Ave., St. Pete Beach – 727-363-8831
– Gulf Beaches Historical Museum – 115 Tenth Ave, St. Pete Beach – 727- 552-1610
– Plain Jane – 1104 Central Ave, St Petersburg – 727-600-7741