Spring Classes at The Marcia P. Hoffman School of the Arts
Spring classes at The Marcia P. Hoffman School of the Arts at Ruth Eckerd Hall will kick-off on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 and are enrolling now. Through a variety of classes, individuals of all ages and experience levels will be guided in exploring their talents, discovering new friends and learning from professional arts instructors onstage at Ruth Eckerd Hall.
Classes that will be offered this spring include:
- Centerstage Choir for students ages 7 and up will teach vocal techniques along with the ability to read music. The appropriate literature will be provided.
- The Ruth Eckerd Hall Lab Band is designed for traditional band students to expand their knowledge of jazz styles, theory and literature. Several levels of group instruction are open to individuals ages 12-19.
- One of the new technical classes offered this spring will be Costume & Makeup that allows students ages 13-18 to make over a human into a monster, to transform a teenager to appear to be over 80 years old and much more. Students will learn how to research and create looks appropriate to the time and setting of the script, source fabric, build pieces and work professionally with an artistic team.
- Stage Combat II: Single Sword, for students ages 13-18, will safely introduce students to the world of armed stage combat. Students will learn correct form, how to attack & defend and work to create their very own combat scene
- Adults are not left out. An on-camera acting class is offered to those of all experience levels, ages 18 and up. The class is ongoing and focuses on auditions, character development, overcoming nerves and more.
Individual instruction is available for any student wishing to strengthen his or her performance skills in the areas of voice, piano, violin, viola, guitar, percussion, flute and saxophone. Other areas of study can be arranged on request.
Further information and a complete list of spring classes can be found at www.HoffmanSchooloftheArts.com or by calling 727.712.2706. Tuition assistance is available thanks to the generosity of the Tampa Bay Times Fund and its commitment that no child shall be denied an arts experience because of financial need.